Friday, January 13, 2023

OAMC #9 - The First Ripping of the New Year!

My wife went to the store on her way home last night. I was suffering from an insufferable headache. The weather in Washington likes to shift back in forth, taking the air pressure with it. If you suffer from chronic severe migraines this can be an issue. As my wife was at the store, she got a few things we needed as well as some surprises...

2022 Panini Mosaic and Chronicles blasters. 2 of each and a fat pack of Mosaic as well. Pulled two autos and some decent cards but really it was just nice to open cards from a wrapper. Did get a sweet Franco RC and an O'Neal Cruz Parallel RC, so that was awesome. Really this was about the fact that we had nothing from either set. Now we do. This morning, I got them logged and put away as well as more mid-2000's Bowman. So, more progress.

The big thing from this was the new Ripken and Ryan cards. Ryan is 626 unique cards while Ripken is now at 509. Randy Johnson now has some competition as he moves towards 300 cards as I added additional Mike Trout and Ryne Sandbergs this morning as well. Will be interesting to see if they overtake him. Tony Gwynn still sits a few cards away from 400.

Slow progression has led me to almost 242,000 cards logged. (241,730 as of this post.) 

This is good. Many, many more to go.

The other big upside is that my wife ordered stamps today. More PWE cards will be heading out soon. Cards heading out makes me happy when it makes others happy and makes her happy when the collection loses a few pounds...  ;)

Anyway, back to getting some cards logged and maybe some laundry done. My head still feels like hell and the weather isn't playing along. At least I have David Bowie as today's soundtrack.

Joe

1 comment: