Sunday, January 22, 2023

OAMC #13 - A PC Worth Collecting

Do you know the story of Pat Tillman?

If you don't, click this link https://pattillmanfoundation.org/the-foundation/pats-story/ 

This is from the Pat Tillman foundation's website directly. To say he was inspiration was an understatement.

I've always had a ton of respect for his decision to leave Football and become a Ranger. What I didn't know is that in 2003 we were likely mere miles from each other or even closer and may have even crossed paths. The Army is a small world even when a commo unit sends some troops through Baghdad and sees some Rangers... It never clicks then. 

As I have been logging Football, it dawned on me that I only own 2 Pat Tillman cards that I know of. This makes me sad. So, I set out on a new quest. 

According to TCDB, Tillman has 337 cards as of today. If you take out every card SN less than /10, then the list goes down to 230. That is manageable even for me. 230 cards. 

So, now I have a quest to collect as many of Tillman's 230 cards as I can to honor his service and as a reminder to me of his sacrifice. I was already in the service when 9/11 happened, he was playing Football. He chose to change that for honor. 

Definitely worthy of this Veteran to take the time to collect him.

RIP Pat Tillman - Never Forgotten

Pat Tillman - Wikipedia

11/6/76-4/22/04

Joe

1 comment: