Monday, January 9, 2023

OAMC #7 - Headache Reduction via Cardboard Therapy

Yesterday morning started out wonderful... I woke up feeling like someone had poked me in my right eye--repeatedly--all-night. This is a part of the dread of pressure changes in the atmosphere of Washington state when you live with Severe Chronic Migraines. The pressure is what gets you--not always the headache.

So, grumpy and in pain, I retreated to the card room to not offend my wife or our company. At first, not much occurred. But then, cards were sorted and logged. I found 2 of the 4 2020 Topps Pro Debut cards I needed. Little by little, my head pain (or eye pain) went away.

Cardboard therapy works. 

I passed 241,000 cards logged last night and recorded two songs...  One I just wrote last night. Not bad for feeling like crap.

The biggest thing I made progress with was Panini Elite Extra Edition. I had cards for four separate years and after pouring over TCDB, I finally got them figured out. Lots of parallels and die-cuts. 

Also found a 5 K box with three rows of 1990 Topps. Just what I needed.  Lol. More 1990 Topps. That set, much like 1993 Topps and 1993 Upper Deck is getting it's own 5K box for doubles.

Not sure what today will bring sorting wise. It's windy, but I feel better. Rain is on the horizon. Errands may be run. The house needs some attention. We shall see.

Joe


1 comment: