Wednesday, January 11, 2023

OAMC #8 - Lack of Sleep, Appointment, Songwriting and a Some Progress

This started off as an interesting week. 

Monday, we had company in the form of my Wife's bestie who I refer to as my other sister-in-law because she is basically family. That was the fun part. 

She left for Michigan yesterday and my wife drove her--at 4 am. So our sleep was kind of off yesterday. 

I had my intake for Acupuncture at the Seattle VA yesterday and had to leave at 9:30 am to get there by 11 am. 

By the time everyone was in their respective places at the end of the day, we were all exhausted.

In all of this I had to resubmit paperwork to the Army for my pay stuff and try to get my last three classes lined up for my Masters Degree. 

I'm 45. This is exhausting...

Somehow, I still got some cards logged yesterday. This included Mattingly #585 and Clemens #400, both from 1989 Classic. Have about half of that set now.

I also recorded another riff in Garage Band. Been in a songwriting mood. Have two more to record and maybe some vocals and then lots of tweaking. But we will see what happens today.

The house needs some attention, many cards need to be logged, a package needs to go to Canada and I slept until 11:30 am...  

The upside is the dishwasher is already running and I've logged a few cards while drinking my coffee.

Like I keep saying--Progress is progress.

The biggest thing I keep getting done is figuring out what cards are definitely doubles, so a lack of logging doesn't mean nothing happened--it just means the doubles I have to log later are growing.

I think I may start adding pictures to the blog as I go forward. Maybe a card of the day as I log stuff. 

Just a thought.

Joe

1 comment: