Friday, January 6, 2023

OAMC #5 - Even on Days Where Nothing is Done...

I have a motto when it comes to organizing cards--"Even on days where nothing is done something is done--no matter how small."

This keeps me going when I have to go Grocery shopping on a particularly windy day in Western Washington while running on 4 hours of sleep. Even with that and running errands the day prior, I still got at least a little something done. Even if it's sorting a small pile of cards to log later or setting up a package to go out later, you're moving forward towards the goal. 

Today has been about cleaning the house as we are expecting company tomorrow. Even with that, I managed to log a few cards--including my 584th unique Mattingly and 507th unique Ripken, which I promptly put in their respective places. I also managed to put away some older cards for the Mariners project I have going for my friend here in Washington. Almost knock out 83 and 79 team sets for him. Working almost exclusively with doubles, so that's not too shabby.

The point of all this is that each little thing you do makes a difference in the grand scheme. It may not clear the boxes impeding my view of the kitchen, but it gets cards where they belong--even if it's one at a time. That's all we can ask of ourselves. One at a time.

So, wherever you are in you organizing, stop being mad that you're not further and just put that next card where it goes when you can. You will get there and so will I.

Joe

2 comments:

  1. I hear you. I've been on that kick myself trying to get things organized. Even a little bit is better than nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete