Wednesday, January 4, 2023

OAMC #4 - The First Set Finished of '23!

Yesterday brought the first malady of the year and with it my first card of 2023! The promised 1983 Topps Cal Ripken #163 had arrived, completing the 1983 Topps set and marking the first of the 15 sets of this year's goal. 3 days in and one down!

Today has not brought much organizing, but it has brought some shipping. Some set help to one friend and some Red Sox love to another. Also organized another package that may go out tomorrow with more set help for someone who helped me ages ago. With my health being what it was, giving back was near impossible so I am definitely taking advantage of the ability to give back now. 

The idea of cards leaving the house is a big part of the organization. These 3 packages would tally roughly 300 cards leaving the house, which doesn't make much of a dent but it means a lot to me considering who they went to and why. Little by little, sharing the love of this hobby will get the collection under control as much as organizing. Plus any help to a fellow set collector always makes me happy as the people of this hobby have come out of the woodwork to finish set after set for me. 

Short update today. Had errands to run and grocery shopping tomorrow. Fun, I know. The plight of the househusband...

Joe

3 comments: