Tuesday, January 17, 2023

OAMC #11 - The Weekend, The Giants and 1990 Pro Set Football

First, I just want to get this out of my system...  GO GIANTS!

Okay. I'm good now. 

It's been a while since I enjoyed football. This weekend I truly enjoyed football again. It was nice. I sorted cards while I did this. It prompted me to log many 2015 Topps Football cards and find a whole lot of 1990 Pro Set Football.

1990 Pro Set Football is one of those sets...  Error and variant laden. Full of issues. Random numbering with the Final Update. I love it. 854 cards of chaos. 801 in the base alone if you count the defense/offense #800. 

After the last few days, I have roughly 89.5% of the base set. This includes all but one card from series II with the High Numbers, 58% of Final Update and 78% of Series I. I have 34/53 Errors and Variations including the coveted "belt" error.

Then come the inserts. I have the entire Super Bowl MVP Set and Super Bowl Collectibles with the card #22 Error. I have both Playbooks and even 159/160 of the XXV Silver Anniversary set. 

The hard part are the SP's, No Number Cards and Promos. I own 4 of the 19 including the SuperPro, The Super Bowl Collectible variant and Joe Robbie cards. (This list includes the Cover card and checklist for Final Update as they are listed on TCDB--of which I have the checklist.) The big gun is in this group and that is the Hawaii Promo Barry Sanders. (Roughly a $60 card, but a pain to find.)

If you include the XXV Silver Anniversary set, there are 1,091 cards in total of which I can currently account for 921. That's only 170 cards to go...  Not bad considering I've been trying to build this set on and off for 33 years...

Nice to know I made some progress on such a massive endeavor.

Spent some quality time with my wife, ate Chinese food and went grocery shopping. We also got two fat packs of Chronicles and a blaster of Heritage High Numbers. 4 Julios. 4. 

My wife chose well.

Off to take out trash and prep the house before my wife gets home. Hope your weekend was good.

Joe

1 comment: