Thursday, December 15, 2022

Headaches and Redoing the Card Room--A Lesson in Health Care...

Yesterday wasn't exactly a great day for me. Some of the things I wrote about on Tuesday came back to haunt me and did so on my Parents 47th anniversary--which is not an easy day anyway considering my mother is no longer with us. So...

I did what any 45-year-old with PTSD would do...

I reorganized the card room while blasting Peal Jam.

To give this context, I have back issues and was a Grunge kid in High School. So moving 5K boxes around and listening to my favorite band when I was 16 is a dangerous combo. Stef told me not to overdo it...  Which is exactly what I did.

The upside is I can get to the boxes I need to get to so I can put cards in their rightful places--in order in their respective sets. Also, I have a separation now of doubles vs. unsorted cards that I need to check against my collection. So that is good.

The downside is I am sore. I also woke up with a nasty Headache. This is a result of whatever illness has been plaguing my life for the last two years. Overdoing it and stress generally lead to these headaches, which make doing other things difficult. 

My awesome wife responded yesterday by ordering Chinese food and finding two Holiday Megas, a Bowman Chrome Mega and a Blaster of Ginter. We finished the Holiday base set last night. (Only the 2nd Holiday set we have completed of the 7 they have released.) Then we watched Community and laughed. It was a nice way to fix a a broken day. 

Today, I am kinda cranky due to the headache, but we have leftovers and I did some grocery shopping so Stef can make Caramel Corn. I hope I did okay with that. She's working crazy hours and I want to help how I can. Sometimes it feels like it's not enough and then my body betrays me and makes it worse. It can be difficult, but then I sort some cards and calm down and by the end of the night, I realize everything is okay and she still loves me even if I am broken and awkward and a little off.

Maybe a lot off...

Here's to hoping the headache goes away--which leads to our moral... Take care of yourselves. Cards are great therapy, but don't ignore your health. Some days you just gotta rest. 

That's how you get to be there for the other days.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment