Saturday, December 17, 2022

A Milestone Achievement in Logging

Today I logged double number 10,000 on TCDB. This is not the first time this but this time is significant because it's an actually accurate. The first two or three times I did this whole logging my collection thing I had significantly less cards and my numbers didn't always match from my super-spiffy spreadsheet to TCDB. Now, everything is in sync.

This milestone is big for me because there are over a million cards in the house. The milestone is big because last week there were only 2,500 doubles logged. The milestone is huge because I was barely making progress before my new meds.

Overall, 238,771 cards have made it into the logs. This is spread between my main collection, the 1991 Topps Glow Backs, For Sale/Trade (doubles), and the Mattingly doubles--because he gets his own doubles list and they are not for trade.

I reset TCDB on 11-2-2021. It's 12-17-2022. So, it's taken a little over a year to get to this point. I would say that doesn't bode well for the other 700-900,000 cards I own, but I am picking up speed with my health getting somewhat better and my wife organizing doubles when she has time. This process takes time and I try to knock out a few hundred or more each day, so the idea of having everything logged is not a far fetched idea. Doing it sooner than later...  That may be different.

Still, like our jobs, we plug away at the tedious. Although, I enjoy this tedium. It is soothing to me. I find solace in it. It calms me. 

Here's to the next 10,000 doubles... and the next...  and the next...

Joe

1 comment: