Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Another Observation about Players with the most Unique cards in my Collection

As I logged Derek Jeter's 300th card today, he became only the 15th member of the 300 club. This made me curious how far away the Titans of other sports were from breaching the top 30 on my TCDB list and how that affected my collection. The results of my research into my collection are not surprising as I have always learned towards baseball, but at the same time a little shocking.

The first player that even breaches the list does so at a tie for 150th place with 143 unique cards. This would be Bo Jackson. Now Bo, is a hybrid on the list as I have cards from both Baseball and Football for him. The issue here is that most of his cards are Baseball.

The next is Michael Jordan. At a tie for 227th overall with 118 unique cards, MJ is a majority basketball with a group of minor and Major League Baseball from the mid-90's. So, I count this as the first Basketball player because even without the baseball he would lead all other Basketball in my collection by a lot.

Next is another hybrid that leans towards Baseball. The new Colorado coach, Neon Deion Sanders tied at 245th with 115 unique cards. Again, this is like Bo, so we haven't really hit a pure Football player yet.

Next is our first Hockey player and my favorite of all time, Mark Messier. Tied at 279th with 107 unique cards, Mark is leading Hockey by about 60 cards.

Last we have our first pure football player--Emmitt Smith. Tied at 862nd overall (that's right--I am slacking on Football) with 54 unique cards, Smith leads the Football rush for now.

There are many cards to add including many PC Cards of the Manning Brothers and Terry Bradshaw, Steph Curry, etc. I'm curious to see where this goes.

Joe. 

2 comments:

  1. Tracking this kind of stuff is so much fun! I think any NBA collector from the 90s and 00s have more Jordan than anyone else by default. I know I do. The stats feature is why I started really using the Database in the first place.

    ReplyDelete