Friday, December 30, 2022

An Update and What's coming up...

So, I've spent the last week or so prepping for Christmas and organizing. I learned two valuable lessons in this. 1 - You can never prep too early for Christmas. 2 - I need to organize more.

It's with this in mind, that I have come up with my Hobby Goals for 2023. These are not resolution because my health likes to interrupt things so they are more of achievable ideas. Part of this is a plan and part is a restructuring of my collection and this very blog. I want to be more active on here and in getting some of the thousands of doubles to people who need them. Active trading and many, many RAK's are coming. 

This is a breakdown of what's going to be ahead for the New Year:

  • Restructure the Blog - This means writing each post as an installment of what I will be calling "Organizing a Million Cards" or OAMC. Each post will be numbered. Ex. - OAMC #1 should come up around January 2nd. Anything that gets posted that isn't about the collection or organizing this many cards will not be labelled as such. This is as much for me as for anyone who actually reads these ramblings...
  • Organizing - My card room is a mess. In order to fix this I need ground rules for myself.
    • When cataloging cards, they either need to be put away immediately or put in a two row box IN ORDER which will be put away when full. This will avoid what is happening right now. (Thousands of cataloged cards needing to be put away causing a shift in the collection.)
    • Cards logged need to be in order. This avoids headaches when I put them away.
    • Doubles need to be logged and traded or RAK'd. I have way too many.
  • The path to the cards on the racks in the room can never be blocked again.
  • Beckets will eventually have a checklist on the blog.
  • Maybe start doing giveaways...
  • Finish at least 10 sets not including new Flagship Topps. (New Flagship Topps is generally done per 1 Jumbo box each S1, S2, and Update.)
    • Will post a list of the 10 main targets. 1993 Select, 1979 Topps and 1981 Topps all come to mind.
  • Get Project Score to at least 90%. (See earlier posts.)
  • Possibly add GI Joe Comics list to the Blog...  Maybe...  That's a whole different rabbit hole.
I have many things that likely need to be added to this, but this is a good start. I hope to make good progress on this in the near future.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Holidays! Time to start it all over again...
Joe

1 comment: