Wednesday, November 29, 2023

OAMC #20 - Sets, Doubles and Florida--Oh My!

 Organizing a Million Cards #20 - Sets, Doubles and Florida--Oh My!

The week started pretty awesome as I received the last 14 cards to finish 2023 Topps from a new friend in Illinois. Anytime I finish a set it's exciting but making new friends is even better.

This week saw a lot of movement on sets from some great friends who have banded together to take down 85 Topps--38 years after I got my first card from that set! These are the same guys who helped build 84 and 78! Amazing group that always comes through.

My ultimate goal is to give back to this community as much as I can. I have a ton of doubles. I just don't know what. As I get them logged, they will be re-homed as much as possible. I'm talking single cards, sealed boxes and factory sets.

Which brings me to an update about what's happening. 

I have been logging complete sets. This is an easy way to get my sets in. I have also been logging known doubles. Many of my duplicate RC's and Doubles as I find them.

The down side is that I don't have the room I used to. So, even as I get these logged they get moved to the garage with the dehumidifier that is keeping them safe.

We have already been eyeballing houses with finished basements for the Card Room...

It's the nice way of keeping my mess--Cards, Guitars, etc.--out of the wife's immediate vision.  The amount of stuff can be overwhelming.

With all of that, I am finally going to Florida to see my dad. It's been a few years. This will be the first time he meets Stef face to face. I'm excited!

TOTALS:

  • Main Collection: 17,523
  • For Trade/Doubles - 702
  • 1991 Topps Glow Backs - 0
  • Mattingly Doubles - 0
  • Total Cards Logged - 18,225
  • Complete Sets - 13
  • Insert Sets - 1
  • Master Sets - 0

Joe

(Vonnegut37 on TCDB)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been pretty busy lately?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Added you to my blogroll, and sent a TCDB friend request. Looking forward to following you and hopefully trading sometime.

    ReplyDelete