Tuesday, November 7, 2023

OAMC #15 - The Aftermath of a Move

Organizing a Million Cards #15 - The Aftermath of a Move

So, we just moved. 

Across the US. 

I don't mean like halfway...  West to East Coast. 2975 Miles. 

In the process of packing, my cards saw some sacrifices to their organization.

Now we have cards in places they don't belong and many, many sets out of order or in separate boxes. We also have a storage conundrum as our rental house doesn't allow for a card room.

Two things are happening:

1 - TCDB was wiped out on Sunday. I started over again. I logged cards we bought between the move and the last few weeks. I will log all of my valuable cards and then eventually get the sets--which are in the garage.

2 - The garage has a dehumidifier and my racks that I was using to store the cards in the card room. The down side is humidity. The upside is that this isn't our permanent home so I just need to keep them safe for a little less than a year.

This will pose some interesting problems for organization, but I will work through it.

With that said. North Carolina is much better for my health. More consistent weather means less attacks from the migraines due to pressure shifts. 

I am also closer to many members of my hobby family. So that is a definite plus.

I hope to have some cards out to some of the people soon as well as trading enabled on TCDB.

Once again, we start over for the sake of knowing what I have. Wish me luck.

Joe

(Vonnegut37 on TCDB)

1 comment: