Friday, November 10, 2023

OAMC #16 - How Does One Even Start?

Organizing a Million Cards #16 - How Does One Even Start?

Sunday, November 5th, 2023 at 3:52 PM, I added my first card after wiping the slate clean. That card was from 2023 Topps Holiday--#H1 Aaron Judge.

As of today, November 10th, 2023, I have added 750 total cards.

Which begs the question...  When organizing a million cards, how does one even start?

The simple answer...  One Box at a Time!

But I have a plan. 

1 - After logging the box of new cards that I had readily available, I turned towards the High Value cards as they are already in the room. This also gives me an opportunity to cleanse some of the lesser valued cards out of the top loaders. 

2 - Sets. I have many sets set aside in 660-990 ct boxes. This will be the next big push as that will entail many of the complete sets.

3 - The organized and numbered boxes. Many of my cards are already organized and are in 5k boxes label 1-20-ish (B# for basketball, F# for football, H# for Hockey, M# for minor leagues, etc...) This will build the bulk of the collection and be easier.

4 - The stuff I had cataloged and never put away.

5 - Everything else.

The rules are simple, if doubles are found, they are logged right after I'm done with the main stuff.

The issue...  Storage. The Garage will be set up soon and the dehumidifier will be running. Going to get some covers for the racks and go from there.

We will see how this goes. One card at a time...

Joe

(Vonnegut37 on TCDB)

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget one important thing...have fun with the re-organization!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have fun going back through card by card. I forget what I own sometimes... Lol

      Delete