Wednesday, June 26, 2024

OAMC #26 - The Reboot

 Organizing a Million Cards #26 - The Reboot

I'm back!

Well, we moved again. This time to what I hope is a permanent location with a card room.

The Card Room is mostly put together minus some finishing touches and a few boxes worth of things I haven't seen in 10-12 years. But, the cards are in their places. 

Well, most of them...

The numbered boxes that make up my collection are in order. The issue I ran into--again--is that I have no idea where I put the stuff that I logged in the last house.

So, I rebooted my collection in TCDB again. It makes sense. This time, when the cards get logged and put away, they will stay there. Except doubles, of course, which will be traded or given away,

The daunting task is cataloging the cards. I started this on 6/20/24. 

It's now 6/26/24 and I have managed to make it to 1990 Bowman. (Bear in mind that the order follows the big Becket catalog. Sets are in order by year and brand. So all the Bowman is together and Topps is a while away.)

I am confident that this will be the last time I have to do this. I have always wanted a permanent home and a place to keep this collection and now I have that.

This may also take a while as we are still unpacking and putting things together. A little each day is the best way to get these cards logged. Oh, and I have to find the ones that are now dominating the spare room...

Wish me luck.

TOTALS:

  • Main Collection: 1.315
  • For Trade/Doubles - 0
  • 1991 Topps Glow Backs - 0
  • Mattingly Doubles - 
  • Total Cards Logged - 1315
  • Complete Sets - 2
  • Insert Sets/Errors - 1

Joe

(Vonnegut37 on TCDB)

2 comments: