Thursday, September 17, 2020

The previous update and what followed after it was posted...

 So, the morning of September 1st, I reported that the dog was doing better and that my sinus infection was worse... 

By that afternoon, Doodle aka Kenzie aka Fuzzy Butt, was basically unable to breathe on her own. We were faced with a horrible decision. Our options were limited and when it came down to it, Doodle, my fuzzy best friend of 13 years, let us know very clearly that she couldn't do it anymore. 

It was with a heavy heart and many tears that we said goodbye to her. Her body tried to go out on it's own and the doctor reacted quickly. Rather than have her panic and gasping for air while her heart tried to quit, we were able to get her to lay down calmly...  I have seen that when the vet uses an injection it can take up to 3 minutes. Doodle let the injection take her in less than 30 seconds. 

She was tired and in pain and her little body couldn't do it anymore. I think she held on as long as she could for us.

She was the only constant in my life for the last 13 years and I miss her like crazy. Her urn is now home and I say hello to her every time I pass her--right on the dresser, near the bottom of our bed--her favorite spot to sleep.

Rest in Peace, little fuzzball. Mom will take care of you now.













1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the loss of a beloved family member!

    Also, a little late to the party, but I just came across your blog through the TCDB and wanted to welcome you to the family of bloggers out there. I'll add you to my blog roll and I look forward to reading future posts!

    ReplyDelete