Wednesday, August 5, 2020

A Format for the Future

Thinking about locking in a format for every Sunday’s update. This is basically what I have in mind.

 

Card Updates:

This section would be:

The total number of cards added by sport

Total number of New Cities, States and Countries

Sets that were completed.

Highlights:

This would be a recap like the last post with the highlights from the week. I will try to include photos and credit to those who provided them.

Thoughts:

Here is where I want to tackle the hobby as a whole. Thoughts on flipping, pack searching, vintage vs junk wax vs new school, Rookies, market prices, price gouging, etc. I also want to look how the hobby helps people. Giveaways, PIFs, RAKs, friendships, etc.

Spotlight:

Here I want to look at who is making a difference. I would talk about people like Jason from Heavy J Studios and how his cards are all made for charity and events like the NGT Collectibles giveaway thread every Sunday. I also want to talk about the artists on twitter whose work needs more attention.

Shoutouts:

Lastly, I would like to give thanks to people who have made a difference in my collecting. I could name 5 right now who have impacted not only my collection but also my life.

 

So, this is just an idea post. Curious for some feedback on either here or twitter. @chapter37

Joe

 


No comments:

Post a Comment